National University’s distinctive and innovative curriculum provides you with a comprehensive base in human biology and anatomy and extensive hands-on training in diagnosis and treatment. We train you to think like a physician. Throughout the program, you will learn how to master a variety of chiropractic techniques through our diversified technique curriculum, which also includes flexion-distraction technique. The chiropractic program is a three phase program.
Phase I: Basic Sciences
· Spend one full year of anatomy and physiology in our anatomy lab
· Perform complete human dissection rather than learning by prosection or virtual instruction
Phase II: Clinical Sciences
· Learn how to diagnose, treat and manage a wide range of ailments
· Practice evaluation and diagnostic techniques with “standardized patients”
· Gain valuable business knowledge on how to ethically promote and market your practice
Phase III: Clinical Practice
· Experience your internship through one of a variety of clinical opportunities
At National University, we base our entire curriculum for all professional degrees on helping students achieve what we have identified as the Six Competencies. The Six Competencies provide a comprehensive education in health care that will benefit our graduates in their future professional careers.
View trimester-by-trimester courses, course descriptions, and the course schedule.